Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Frank's Desk - 01/05/2011

From The Desk of Min. Frank Coleman 
Wednesday January 5, 2011

Dear ekklesia,
 
Please read the following in a prayerful mood. I believe God is in the midst of a TRUE awakening of His people. All that I do and say is a reflection of what God has put on my heart after He asked me, a couple of years ago, "why do you do what you do in worshiping Me?"

We can go to Mass or services or prayers every day.  I mean, we can sing all the right songs and we can recite all the right prayers.  But if it's just going through the motions, what's the point?  God says in the book of Isaiah, "These people, they honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me" (see Isaiah 29:13).  Sometimes we have to stop and ask, "Why do we do what we do?" To keep the family happy? So that I don't feel guilty?  The Scriptures remind us that God doesn't want the empty rituals.  God wants our hearts." 
     ~Rob Bell, in NOOMA 004: Sunday

 

May God bless you!

Frank Coleman
http://www.ekklesiachicago.org
http://www.pathoflifeministries.org

All comments and links in this publication reflect the sole opinion of Frank Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment