Monday, April 07, 2014

Thought for today - 04/07/2014

TEARING AND MENDING
“Putting things back together is never easy, which makes mending a tear a very sacred act.

“I'm not good at this kind of magic on my own. I am defensive and proud and-more than anything-scared. I'm quick to punish others and myself because I'm afraid of getting hurt or getting hurt again. All of these things and more make me a bad candidate for forgiving and forgetting.

“I want to be the one who will thread the needle, no matter how difficult, and begin stitching, but I need help to actually get started. Desperately.

“Somehow, if we will let him, God will be that help. He will be the invisible glue that seeps in and re-adheres what has been ripped open. He will soften our hearts when we can't do it on our own. He will help us turn toward each other when all we want to do is walk away. He will help us let go of our grievances when we desperately want to protect and nurture them. He will give us moments and places that will bind us up forever.

“All we have to do is remain the slightest bit open to becoming well.”
Leeana Tankersley, Found Art 

No comments:

Post a Comment