Saturday, April 26, 2014

Thought for today - 04/26/2014

OPENING PACKAGES
"As my six-year-old tried to open a package, I sat patiently waiting for him to ask me for help. It was one of those hard plastic packages that are nearly impossible to open.

"I knew my son wouldn't be able to open the package on his own, but I wanted him to make his own choice about whether or when he would ask me for help. It didn't take long before he looked up at me and asked for help.

"Today, you may be holding a package in your hand that is wrapped in a hard plastic shell -- inside is a gift, what Jesus calls the "abundant life." You may be straining to open the package, using anything you can think of to get inside.

"Meanwhile, God is patiently waiting for you to abandon your attempts to create the abundant life and say, 'I can't, but God, you can.' He is waiting for you to let him loose in your life so he can become your strength."
- Jon Walker, Growing with Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment